Join the Chapman family’s
Chapman Valley Cattle Muster
Join the fifth and sixth generations of the Chapman family (Peter and Jess) on the family’s cattle muster! A tradition that has been upheld for 175 years, rounding up the cattle on horseback is a huge event on the family farm – and we’re inviting you along for the ride!
Spend three days in the saddle searching for and bringing in the cattle from all over the property, ready for the local cattle sales! Then at night sit around the campfire and discuss the day’s events with your fellow cowgirls and cowboys.
You’ll be assigned your own horse to care for and ride during the muster. This includes catching, grooming and saddling at the start and the end of the day.
- All meals
- Tent and Swag hire
- Horse and gear hire
- Drizabone hire
- Helmet hire
Saddle Up – 9am
Ride Out – 10am
Finish time could be anywhere between 3pm and 5pm, depending on the cattle.
Our next cattle muster…
13th – 15th November 2017
(2 spots now available!)
16th – 18th April 2018
Want to bring your own horse? Only $325 when you BYO – enter “BYOmuster” at checkout for this special rate.
Can’t make it during the week? Check out our 2-day Cattle Round-Up Ride.
- Weight limit – 100kg
- Riders should be able to trot and canter, but the majority of the riding will be at walking pace to prevent distressing the cattle.
- Toilet at base camp, but our new showers may not be ready in time. The closest shower is a 10min drive down the road at the Grey Gum Café.
- Riders must wear a helmet (we supply the helmets)
- Horses may be rotated through the muster to rest – so you might not ride the same horse for all 3 days.
- On average you’ll ride for 4-8 hours per day, but this will vary depending on the location of the cattle on the day
- No phone reception! Unplug for a few days!
- For safety reasons, visitors aren’t permitted in the cattle yards during drafting but are welcome to watch
- All ages welcome – but remember it’s a long day in the saddle!
What to Bring:
- A few changes of clothes, for working through the day and relaxing at night
- Sleeping Bag and Pillow (we supply tents and swags)
- Riding boots (no joggers)
- Casual shoes to wear at night (e.g joggers/thongs)
- Warm clothes and thick jacket(s) – nights can be VERY COLD!
(To book – Select the date and the muster will become available)